No longer by works

Today’s Encouragement is Romans 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.

No longer by works-

I recently read that 27% of churchgoers, when asked, “How will you answer when God asks you why He should allow you into Heaven?” responded with a biblically sound reply, “Because I believe in Jesus Christ, and He made the way for me.”  The rest of churchgoing good people, 73%, responded by recounted their good deeds, faithful church attendance, gifts to the church or the poor… as if any amount of good works is enough to make a way for us into eternity with Him. 

Grace my friends, is the free gift of God (Romans 6:23).  We cannot earn it, buy it, steal, or generate it. 

The simple definition of Grace says it all, ‘God’s unmerited favor’. 

Unmerited- we don’t and never can deserve it. 

Favor – His approval, His affection, His Love

Father, Your grace is too wonderful for our minds to conceive.  Help us to glimpse it… for only a glimpse is necessary for us to embrace Your truly Amazing Grace.

Your Grace Still Amazes Me

Phillips Craig and Dean

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: